Paralympic dressage star Natasha Baker tells us more
It will be very difficult for Natasha to top 2012, winning double gold at the Paralympics and getting an MBE certainly doesn't happen every year! She is as hungry as ever for success though and is hoping that the medals will keep coming in.
Here are 10 things we didn't know about this talented star.
1. Her lucky mascot is her Skye Terrier dog called Poppy.
2. She doesn’t suffer from competition nerves because she loves competing so
3. Her favourite RDA pony was called Forrester.
4. She was inspired to become a Paralympic Gold Medal winner after watching Lee
Pearson compete in the 2000 Sydney Games.
5. She regularly has lessons with top dressage rider and trainer Emile Faurie.
6. Natasha’s horse Cabral loves bananas so much he eats them whole.
7. Natasha’s saddles are fully bespoke and made to exacting standards by Black
8. In her spare time Natasha is a shopaholic – especially when it comes to clothes.
9. After her successful 2012 Natasha was awarded the Freedom of the Borough of Hillingdon and City of London as well as an MBE.
10. Cabral’s companion at home is a miniature spotted horse called Pilgrim.
Love Horse Riding? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!
Ever fancied being famous? If you would like your equine partner to appear in the pages of Horse magazine, then read on and find out how to apply...
Got a Horse magazine problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person