Build condition safely
Winter is a time when many horses lose condition. Follow these expert tips from Saracen Horse Feeds to help keep your horse at a healthy weight:
1. Provide ad-lib forage. For horses that wont eat enough forage, try providing a cafeteria style of fibre products (haylage, hay, fibre cubes, alfalfa chaff) to stimulate his natural instinct to browse;
2. Choose good quality feed products – follow the rule 'quality not quantity'.
3. Oil is high in calories and a great source of slow-release energy.
4. Keep it simple – all your horse needs good quality alfalfa chaff, good quality feed and good quality forage.
5. Speak to a qualified equine nutritionist for sound advice.
Saracen Condition Mix – a low-starch mix for optimum topline, muscle tone and stamina.
This feed is suitable for:
Weight gain and conditioning thin horses, poor doers and those with limited appetites;
Supporting topline and muscle development (in conjunction with exercise);
Providing long-lasting, controlled energy for stamina and power based work.
Features and benefits:
Highly digestible 'super-fibres support digestive function;
It is alfalfa-based with micronised soya beans and peas providing quality protein for muscle and topline development;
The mix includes EQUI-JEWEL to increase the calorie density of the ration;
The feed is fully fortified with vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
For more information on Saracen products, visit: http://www.saracenhorsefeeds.com/ .To speak to a qualified equine nutritionist and receive advice tailored to your own horse, tel: (01622) 718 487.
Love Horse Riding? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!
Ever fancied being famous? If you would like your equine partner to appear in the pages of Horse magazine, then read on and find out how to apply...
Got a Horse magazine problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person